Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Heart of Shadymont

I am joining the party Sheila of Notesongs is having.  This is the Heart of the Home Party.  Be sure to join in.  She is a gracious hostess and so nice to hold this party. 

I didn't set up any vignettes for these pictures.  I just took them as is.


This is the view from the kitchen door through the breakfast nook into the sunroom.

This view is at the end of the breakfast bar.

Shot showing the oven, refrigerator, and the desk area.


This shot shows the top of the cabinets or where I have much of my rooster collection.



The mixer in this picture belonged to my MIL as did the stainless juicer.  I had never seen a juicer like this one, but you place the fruit inside and press on the movable handle to squeeze the juice out of fruit.  Very neat. 

The cabinets above hold some of my bowl collection.  The yellow-ware banded bowl was my mother's and the yellow pyrex was my MIL's.  I love both of them.

 This is a corner cabinet I bought in 1976.  I bought the 2 grean leaf bowls last week at a consignment shop and found the covered bowl today at an antique shop.  Couldn't believe how they matched.  Love them!!

This was my mother's pie safe.  My nephew removed 7 colors of paint to get it back to the wood.  He replaced the tin with glass.  I wish he had left it as it was, but at any rate, I am so happy to have it.

I hope you all enjoy this visit to my little kitchen.

Adsense Ad