Sunday, October 31, 2010

Simpler Tabletop

I changed out my dining room table today.  I had gotten a little tired of the rust table cloth and decided to just use place mats for the period between now and Thanksgiving.  I may change it again before then though.  At least it will look like this for a few days.  :)


I decided not to have so many pieces on the table and to not layer the dishes.  Just want it to be simple and clean for a while.


This is a tall candle holder I purchased at a consignment store a couple years ago.
The placemats were on clearance at Pier 1 for $.98 each.
 
The wired pumpkin was actually free at CVS.  I had a coupon for $5.00 off any halloween decor, it's tag was $4.99.  Can't beat free!!

The silk leaves and ceramic pumpkins are from Dollar Tree.


This plate stand was only $4.95 at Sweet Tea, a favorite consignment shop. The picture is of a pheasant and is VERY old.  My husband had it for years and while going through some boxes the other day, I ran across it and decided I would use it because of the fall colors and the green mat matches the wall in the dining room.

This art work is one I bought when we first built the house, so it is about 10 years old.  I love the frame and the scenery in this piece.  It's so peaceful.
I hope you like the changes I have made in my dining room.  I am pleased with the clean and simple look.