We Need A Little Christmas Now

I have been away from home and blogland for an entire week.  We have been working on our home in South Georgia and I was too busy to blog.  I'm back home now, although hubby is still there, and I decided to do just a little Christmas decorating this evening.  So far, I've started on the dining room table and have done a couple of side tables.  I hope to do more tomorrow.
 
I bought this little plate today at a thrift shop for fifty cents.  It's Canterbury, Royal Daulton, England.  The floral is a Kirkland's find from some time ago, the candle holder came from Sweet Tea Consignment Shop, and the angels and baby Jesus is a gift from my daughter and grandson from about 8 or 9 years ago.  I think this makes a nice Christmas vignette.


Close up of the plate.


This runner was purchased at Dollar General for $5.00.  It is about 6 ft long.



 

I found this cross last week at Michael's for $6.00 on clearance.  It had been $14.99.
 
Napkins, 2/$3.50 at Walmart.

This nativity was purchased at Cracker Barrell about 9 years ago, Dollar Tree bird, painted porcelain white, framed artwork from a former neighbor.  She cut it out by hand.  Very delicate work.  The table cloth was a small remnant from Walmart's bargain bin a couple of years ago for I think about $1.00.

Again, I'm just getting started, so I will be tweaking the dining room table, and still have to put up the tree.  I'll share the wreaths on the doors with you in another post.  Let's all have a Merry Christmas, and remember the reason we celebrate.  As my granddaughter (4) told me this afternoon, "It's God's birthday".  So sweet!


Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...