Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year

I'm off to a slow start since the holidays.  I just haven't gotten my creative juices flowing yet.  I did 'lighten up' the dining room table, but that's about all I've done. I'm not satisfied with the table, so I hope I'm in the mood to change it this weekend, but here is what I've done for now.



I've used dishware with a gray border with pink tulips.  The runner on top of the drop cloth table cloth is four sheets of scrapping paper purchased on clearance at Michael's for 49cents per sheet. The centerpiece is a white pitcher I got at Ross for a few dollars, the flowers I already had. I topped the white K-Mart pedastal with a platter.

Of course you recognize the bloggy hurricanes (dollar tree).  I made the napkins and the napkin rings are hammered metal found at Wal Mart.  Silverware is old mix-matched that I had on hand. Glasses were $1.00 each at Fred's.

I've only shopped once since Christmas.  I visited a consignment shop and found the small black wooden tray, rooster, and metal plate stacker. I really like these items.


I plan to do some thrifting today at lunch!  I've got to get back in the groove!

Wishing everyone a healthy and happy new year!!

I'm joining in Susan's party at Tablescape Thursday.  Be sure to stop by for a visit and great inspiration!!  Thanks Susan for hosting.

Adsense Ad