Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wreath Metamorphosis

I have been wanting to do a seasonal wreath for my front door all week.  I went to Dollar Tree and bought some beautiful red roses, some white ones,  and one of their 'grapevine-type' wreaths.  Came home, wrapped the wreath with burlap, put a bow on it. UGLY!!!!!!!!

When I say UGLY, I  do mean UGLY!  :)





This is NOT PRETTY!!!


There's Hope!!! On the way home from work on Friday, I remembered a wreath I had in storage in the basement.  Regular green wreath with some beaded fruit and a magnolia on it.  VIOLA!! I decided I'd take apart the UGLY wreath and re-do the other one.

This is what I came up with. I LOVE  it!!! I may never take it down....(yeah right)!  Anyway, here's the purty one!

Here you see it with the sun coming through the front door. (Hung on the inside for pictures).  I cut the burlap I wrapped around the first wreath into short strips and just wrapped the greenery around pieces of it.  I love the texture it provides.

I did the same with the strips of sheet music, just squished it in the middle and wrapped the greenery over it to hold it in place.  I used the same bow on this wreath as the other one.






 To get the sheet music strips, I pulled up some music online, printed sheets off on ecru colored paper and cut into strips with craft scissors. 
Do you see the little heart picks?  Those were in a pack of about 8 or 10 for a dollar at the dollar tree. By using things on hand, I probably have about $2.00 in this makeover.  Lovin' that bargain!!  This photo shows the wreath on the outside of the front door.

I am linking to Metamorphosis Monday at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com.  Please do come over for a visit.  Our hostess is Susan.  Thanks Susan!!

Have a happy week everyone!