Thrifty Little Silver Plate

The other day I visited a thrift store I had been wanting to go to!  BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!! Nothing!!!
Then I stopped by the Habitat Restore.  There was a green glass covered candy dish just like a red one I have.  It was $25.00!!!  They had the paper showing where one sold on EBay for $50.00.  I really wanted it to go with my red one, but that is more than I wanted to pay, so I left without it.

Next I stopped at an old mill building where lots of vendors have antique booths.  The majority of the stuff there was over priced as well, but it was a lot of fun to go through the booths.  I did spend $4.50 there.  This is what I bought.
Tarnished little silver dish

Once it was clean I could read           LBC, Sixth Grade, 1954  Reed and Barton




It cleaned up pretty well.  I wonder who owned it, Sixth Grade, why would it have that engraved?  Was it a gift for finishing Sixth Grade?  Who would want a silver dish in 6th grade? Was it a gift from LBC to a 6th grade teacher?  1954..... It's just 2 years younger than I am!  So it's getting old, it's been around more than 1/2 a century!         LOTS of questions about this little dish. 



 For now it sits on this shelf.
I'll be joining in the following parties:
http://ljm-alacarte.blogspot.com/

Popular Posts