Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tour the Sun Room

I'm not as good as you folks are at decorating with white, but I'm trying to do more of it.  I look at all your wonderful blogs in amazement.  This past weekend, I decided to play with a few items and see what it would look like, so I started in the sun room because the furniture I have in there is all white.

Join me on a tour of the room.

I spray painted this little vintage table a couple of weeks ago. using  plain white paint from Wal Mart for $.99.  I then just scuffed it in a few places with a 3M sanding sponge.  I really like it but I may change it some before too long.
 Notice the runner on the table.  I found it while unpacking some of my MIL's things over the weekend.  It has a girl in a sun bonnet crocheted on each end.  I'll do a close up of it in a future post.  It is so pretty and must be quite old as it has several small holes in it.  The cloche display is made from a little plate I bought for a few cents at the Habitat Restore.





This lamp is from Kirklands a number of years ago.  I brought it from the guest room and tied a piece of burlap on the finial.




I found these bowls in my MILs items.  They are very old and have scratches from being used so much.  I love the creamy color they have taken on.

I have the table set with some old "everyday" dishes that belonged to my husband.  Notice the markings on these glasses.  I found four of these, again in my MIL's items.  I'm enjoying  using her items in my decor.  You'll notice I have to add a little color to the table.  The napkins are from Target several years ago on clearance,  Shabby Chic.  The little cupid in the shell is a Kirkland's find and has been used a lot. In this photo, the bowls look creamy pink.


This little planter is a replica of a garden gate.  I bought it a long time ago at a store called Grand Harbor that has since gone out of business.  I loved to shop there.  The little garden fairy is from Kirklands.


Of course I can't omit the little dish cabinet that I recently put chicken wire in.  I absolutely love it.  The canister set on the top is a thrift store find for $15.00.  It has little bumble bees on the containers and a honeycomb texture.  So cute!

I'll save the rest of the tour for another post.  I hope you've enjoyed going through the sun room with me, and will join me at the following parties.

Faded Charm Party for White Wednesday,  and at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.  Stop by these fabulous parties and link up to see some beautiful decor. While I'm partying, I'm joining in with Kim for Wow Us Wednesdays at http://savvysouthernstyle.blogspot.com

Adsense Ad