Changes in the Breakfast Nook

Today I went to Kirkland's looking for a new print for my breakfast nook.  The "grapes" print just wasn't doing anything for the rooster theme I have going on right now.  The selection wasn't great for roosters, but I keep looking and found two painted on burlap and stretched over the canvas, so I decided I'd give them a new home.

They have a definite French feel.
Brought some greenery into the vignette, and used thrifted place mats for a runner.

I switched out the plates in the plate rack for these with a French flair.

Couldn't leave out the rooster tray!
It's hard to tell but the rooster lamp has a gray and white toile shade.
The white rooster lamp was a consignment shop find.

This photo captures the entire wall.

Isn't he a handsome fellow?

Love the look of this!
The new wall decor made a much needed change in the breakfast nook.  They weren't thrifted, but they were a great bargain at $ 20.00 each.

I will be linking up to several parties this week, including:

Show off Your Cottage Monday

Tabletop Tuesday



These ladies know how to throw a party.  Be sure to stop by!



A Minimalist I Am Not

I really, really meant to  keep fall decorations low key this year, fewer, more neutral, yada, yada.  Did I?  No!  I keep bringin...