Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Rose by Any Other Name is Still a Rose

I was just thinking about how much I love roses.  My mother loved them too.  She had several bushes in the yard.  I've never had any luck growing them, so I depend on the faux ones to satisfy my love of them.  Let's take a little stroll through the house and some former posts to see where all I've used them.


Roses from my hubby.  They look like velvet.
Little fairies dancing in the roses.



A beautiful angel gift from a friend.  She looks so pretty with the roses bouquet.
You've seen this several times, but it is one of my favorites.  Total cost was 2 or 3 dollars.

This cabbage rose plate is a consignment shop find.  The mug is from Avon for Breast Cancer Awareness.

This little trinket box was a gift from a friend of mine a number of years ago.

At one time my living room furniture was covered in roses.  This room is now my dining room.  I need to sell this sofa and loveseat.  They're stored in the basement.

Royal Daulton plate, 50 cents at a thrift shop.
Thrift shop finds.

Arrangement I made for the breakfast nook at Valentine's.

Rose garland among the Lenox angels.

Arrangement for Valentine's everything from Dollar Tree.

Rose garland with my roos!

Good Will find.










Rosy fire screen.
Hope you've enjoyed gathering roses with me.

I'm joining My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.  Be sure to come by for inspiration.

Have a great weekend y'all!