Bookcase Makeover with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

I've painted another piece of furniture with Annie Sloan Chalk paint.  The jury is still out on this one.  I think I need another coat and more distressing.  I'll work on it again soon, just haven't had time in the last few days.  
Click on pictures to enlarge.

Here is the bookcase before.



Here it is with a coat of Annie Sloan Old White.

Here it is "all decked out".

You can't see it very well, but I used the dark wax on the medallion on the top shelf.  I have only lightly distressed in a few places.  I really like how the paint covers, and how quickly it dries.  this shows one coat of paint.  I went back over it with a brush wet with water and thinned it somewhat.  Great paint to work with, I just need to keep trying til I get the hang of distressing. I really like the coverage this paint gives too!  I'm thinking I will order the light blue next time.  
This was a thrifty makeover, only one coat of paint.  I have plenty left for my next project. 

Have you tried chalk paint yet?

I'll be linking up to the Friday parties at 

Please stop by and visit these lovely ladies.

A Minimalist I Am Not

I really, really meant to  keep fall decorations low key this year, fewer, more neutral, yada, yada.  Did I?  No!  I keep bringin...