Sunday, September 25, 2011

Cozy Corner and Little Brown Jug

Sharing a corner decorated for fall.

This is the scene when you walk through the front door.

This is the table that I used ASCP and the dark wax to refinish.  I used the wax heavily and really like the way it turned out.  The shelf under the picture was added.  It is extremely light weight and is held up with sticky velcro.  The wire pumpkin and the flower arrangement were in my storage bin from last year.  I like that this area is decorated all the way up the wall.

 Note the detail on the shelf.  I've had this for a number of years.  I think I bought it at a place called Grand Harbor Imports, which went out of business.  They had the neatest decorative items.



NOW...........
A Hearth Vignette
(Ode to the Little Brown Jug)

Since the hearth provides a flat surface, I decided to decorate it too!!  (lol)

I remember this old jug sitting in an outbuilding when I was growing up.  So you know it's OLD!  Let's just say it's "seasoned".  Looks like it has had it's share of hard knocks too!  :)

 Most definitely.....been around the block a few times.  

Taking my "little brown jug" to these parties this week:
Show off your Cottage Monday at House in the Roses.
Table Top Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Feather Your Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground

Have a fantastic week, y'all!