Sunday, September 11, 2011

Fall Tour of Porch, Foyer, and Family Room

I finally got some more storage bins upstairs and have pretty much completed decorating for Autumn.  Famous last words, right?  

Yesterday morning after breakfast, I did my cleaning, then started pulling out more fall 'stuff' .  I absolutely love Autumn.  The warm colors are pleasing to me as are the cooler temperatures.  I use lots of taupes and browns in my home, so the oranges and burgundies just blend in so well.

I decorated for a while and had finished and was about to get a shower when my door bell rang.  Both my sisters had stopped by for a visit, so I was really glad I had my fall decorations out.  They walked around looking at everything, and oooh'd and aaah'd.  

Here are some of the vignettes and displays I have done.  Everyone was done by shopping the house.  Nothing new was purchased. 

Porch
Front porch entry.

  This arrangement sits on a table between the 2 front porch rockers.
Foyer

 I hung a fall garland and added the "Autumn Greetings" sign below it.

I added fall feathers and leaves to this metal urn sitting in the entryway.

 A gift from a SIL.

Family Room
 The mantel is complete.  

 Love the basket weave on this pot and the beige ceramic pumpkins sitting on the sherbert glasses.

 Coffee table vignette.

 Bombay table vignette.

This is all for today.  I'll show you the dining room, breakfast room, and sun room next.

Hope you enjoyed this mini-tour!  
Please join me for the following parties:
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday,
A Stroll Through Life for Tabletop Tuesday,
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays.
Dittle Dattle for Amaze Me Monday.
Ladies, thanks so much for inviting us to participate in your parties.

Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...

Labels