Monday, September 5, 2011

No Cost Screen Porch Makeover

We previously had carpet on the screen porch, and I had added a rug also (to get it out of the breakfast nook).  Last week, I decided the carpet had to come up.  It had been down several years and had large sections where it had mildewed from getting wet, and I was unable to clean it appropriately.  

This is how it looked with the carpet.

This photo was made very carefully so that the stained areas did not show.

Here is the porch without the carpet and rug, and with the furniture re-arranged.

 My old well bucket with faux geraniums on my old apple crate.
 I think it looks so much cleaner.  I had forgotten how much I liked the wood.
 I love this plant.  It grows so large every summer.  Won't be long until I have to bring it in for the winter.  

Great change, NO cost makeover!
Do you like to do no cost makeovers?

Joining Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday.

Adsense Ad