Candlestick With Personality


This candlestick has sat in the floor beside the china cabinet for a while now.  It is extremely heavy and this UGLY brassy color.  While cleaning this morning, I had a revelation.  Maybe this would look better painted!

You have to agree, this thing is ugggglllleeeee!

I don't know why I'd never thought to paint it. So.......
out came the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  I brushed it on a little heavy  and one coat covered it well.


 After it dried, I sanded it off some, especially on the design areas. Then I rubbed some Annie Sloan Dark Wax over it, heavier in some spots than others.  Then just wiped it down with a clean cloth.

 Now isn't this better?  It has a little character.

Now to dress it up a little:
I added some burlap ribbon and this sweet "Paris" post cardI ordered some burlap ribbon from French Nest Etsy Shop, and  it was wrapped in  pattern  paper, and this little card was included.

Here are some shots of the vignette I created around this updated candlestick.
 This arrangement in the bowl started out a couple weeks ago as a horrible, bare, smashed candle ring I picked up at Good Will for very little. It just had the twiggy things with the apple slices on it.  I knew I could make it prettier, so I added some stems, butterflies, leaves, and berries to it and I think it turned out pretty.

 I really like this tray I bought at the Chic or Shabby Shop.  It has a lovely patina.

So here are these items in a vignette.


Kinda nice if I do say so myself!  I just love how the candlestick looks.  I'm going to look around for some more items to re-do.



 I am linking to Saturday Nite Special at Funky Junk Interiors
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Transformation Thursdays at the Shabby Creek Cottage
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Potpourri Friday at 2805


Also joining a new linky party at the 1929 Charmer.  Stop by for a visit!


Be sure to visit all these great parties.  These lovely ladies have wonderful parties.
Thanks Donna, Susan, Marty, Kim, Gina, Courtney, Honey and Cathy!

Popular Posts