Monday, November 14, 2011

Decorating Slump





I have absolutely had the hardest time deciding on how to decorate the dining room table for Thanksgiving.  I am not satisfied with anything I've done.  I'll show you the latest in a long string of 'tries'.

Anyway, this is the latest try.  I bought six of these chargers at Dollar Tree, at $1 each.


I layered with this dinner plate and salad plate purchased from Wal Mart several years ago.
I stopped there.  No decision yet on silver, glassware, or placemats/napkins.  
 I have the drop cloth/burlap runner I made last week on the table.
I brought out this lovely cake stand bought at Good Will for $4.99.  It is centered on the runner.  I like the contrast between the leaded glass and the runner.

 I placed the arrangement I made a few weeks ago on top of the cake stand.
I added the two white candle sticks with white candles, leaf garlands, 2 small ceramic pumpkins around the cake pedestal, and stopped. I have to decide on the other items.  At least the chargers and plates can go through Christmas.
Do you ever have that problem when you are just not happy with what you've done?  It's so aggravating.  I think I'm just in a slump. :(

Linking up to Tabletop Tuesday at Marty's. 




FINALLY:  (11/15/11)

I've finally done a little more to my dining room table.  Still no flatware or stemware, but that will be figured out soon.  I'm thinking I will pick up some new glasses and flatware....maybe.

Anyway, I tweaked everything a little and it's looking better.  I added the napkins with silver napkin rings, removed 2 of the garlands, and it's definitely coming together better.

  Mo' betta!!
Please join me for Fall into Fall at DIY by Design!
Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Home Sweet Home Friday @ The Charm Of Home

Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...

Labels