Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Christmas Topiary

I've had this chalk-like topiary for several years.

I have used it in several rooms of our home
.
I decided I'd like to change it this year.
So out came the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Olde White.
  The topiary required no preparation.
I painted the entire piece with ASCP, added some dark AS wax, and this is the result.


I chose not to completely cover it in paint so it only took a minute or two to brush it on.
After giving it a few minutes to dry, I brushed the wax on, wiped the whole thing down and viola!

I tied a simple Christmas ribbon around it and am enjoying the change.  By painting it this way, it reminds me of how snow looks on the shrubbery.


Hope you have a wonderful day.

I'll be partying at the homes of these gracious ladies:
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday