Sunday, January 15, 2012

What's in the Hutch?

Yesterday I awoke in the mood to do some "deep" cleaning.  First on my list was to dust inside the china cabinet in the dining room.  Can you believe how much dust can get into a closed cabinet.  Really, how does that happen?  My cabinet has glass shelves and they were hazy with dust.  This is a rather tedious job because I not only have china inside, I have all kinds of little "pretties" stored there too.  It's one of the first things you see upon entry into our home, so I really should do this more often.  I want show you the before, sufficeth to say, it had been a while since I had tackled this chore.  Here are some photos showing the "after".


Here is a collection of vases and crystal pitchers.  These were all gifts except the smallest one in the front and the one to the right of it.


China and a consignment shop cake plate.  The china was formerly my MILs.


More china.


This little fairy lives here with her 2 sisters.

They can all be seen here.



This angel guards the entry way.
I made a couple of changes in the breakfast nook. I changed the lamp shade from a plaid one to this green one.  It coordinates much better and gives a cleaner look.


Next I assembled a teapot, cups and saucers on the side table.



After all this fun, I had work to do. I vacuumed the entire house, polished furniture, mopped every room with tile, cleaned bathrooms, and did laundry.  I guess you could say I had a productive day.  Tired, but productive.

I wish all of you a great week.

Please visit the ladies who host the following parties:

I'll look for you!!