Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sharing Shadymont's Winter Whites

Today I am sharing some of my winter whites.

White in the dining room.




White in the breakfast nook.

White in the sun room.  See the shadows the sunbeams cast on the table.


This is a new addition to my snowman collection.  I found at Walgreens for $3.99 (after Christmas sale).  Michaels had their medium sized wreaths for $1.49, so I bought three. I added some burlap garland and have a winter scene in the hallway.
The little chalet to the left of the wreath belonged to my Mother.  It's a weather predictor. It was a gift from her only sibling (her sister). If the weather is going to be rainy, the little man on the right comes out of the house.  He carries an umbrella.  If the weather is fair, the little girl comes out on the left side. My Mother passed away 39 years ago, and I remember this from when I was about 15 or 16.  Oddly enough, it is still a pretty good predictor.

My daughter gave me a Kirkland's Gift Card for Christmas.  I paid only $3.99 for this tray, and the candle sticks were $6.99 each.  I love the simplicity of the mantel decor.


I can't omit the little white jelly cupboard with its snowflakes.


A touch of green is always a good thing.

Hope you have enjoyed the first week of the new year.

I am joining in the Saturday Night Special party,
The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays,
A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday,
Faded Charm for White Wednesday.

Please visit these parties.
You'll be glad you did!!!