Saturday, February 18, 2012

Spring Into Spring

I realize I may be rushing things, but I've been longing for Spring.  After the reds of Christmas and then Valentine's Day, it's time for some lighter colors.

So....this morning, I got busy and made a few changes in the dining room and sun room.  Here are a few shots of the changes.


First, the dining room......
 I removed the runner made from drop cloth fabric and burlap ribbon.
This runner is a piece of fabric that I found at my favorite consignment shop.

I brought out the little "Spring" box that I bought last year.

Here's my favorite bird house.  I re-painted it last year, adding the pink and green.


Then I brought out the little rabbit, cloche, and the green bird.  The plant is a spider plant.  A co-worker gave me a cutting off hers.  Can't wait until it gets larger.
 This tablecloth was bought at a thrift shop last year.
 The rabbit family was bought at the consignment sale my daughter had a while back.

I painted this plate stand with ORB. It was an ugly gray color. 

Don't you feel better when things are lighter and brighter?

One other reason I want Spring to hurry.......six weeks until my retirement!!

I'll be partying with Donna at Funky Junk Interiors,

Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...

Labels