Shop the House for Free

Today I'm sharing my mantel decorated for Spring, as well as several other areas that I've changed.  All these changes were possible without spending a penny, which I love, love, love!

This is what I had on the mantel for about the last 2 months.  I like this, but wanted to lighten it up for Spring.


I removed the candle sticks and platter from the mantel to the dining room, here.


I had the pitcher already, I believe from Good Will, so I moved it to the cabinet. OK, the candlesticks, etc., have a new spot, but what can I use on the mantel?




 I originally matted this print with a green mat.  Here, I have just flipped the green mat over and now have a white mat for the print.  (BTW, the print was free).  The frame and mat (with another print), were a gift a number of years ago.

 Here is the same print and mat, turned to the green side.

I also shopped the basement and found quite a number of items I will show you in the next few posts.  I do want to share this one today though.  I'm not sure where this came from, maybe the hubs had it before we married.  :)



Does anyone know what these pans are called, and what their original use was?

I'm using mine for a tray in my breakfast nook centerpiece.



I hope you've enjoyed shopping the house with me.  Give it a try.  It's lots of fun!!

I'm joining in these fabulous parties,

Saturday Nite Special,
Met Monday, 
Table Top Tuesday. 
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
 
P.S.  I did some research on the pan, and this is what I found out.  It is  a
Circa 1950s Ovenex Baking Pans Starburst Design

So.....this pan is probably as old as I am.  :) (And that's pretty old!)

Updating Old Tables & Lamps

I've been busy for a couple of days making some changes to some of my small tables and lamps.  Both are easy DIY projects that don't...