Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Changes in White

I recently used up my ASCP and think I might try my hand at making some.  Here is one of the last items that received a makeover.  It has just sat on a bottom shelf of the book case holding some books.  The other day, I moved the basket that did sit here, and brought this container over to take its place.  This is a terra cotta planter I bought some time ago at a pottery not too far from my home that has since gone out of business.  It was a really neat place, covering several acres.  They had everything you could imagine there.  

 I really love the design on the planter.  All I did was give a light coat of Annie Sloan Olde White, then quickly brushed some dark wax over it, wiping some off.

 I'm really liking this container.  I simply added the same greenery and the single hydrangea that were previously in the basket.  


Another simple change I made recently was changing the curtain in the powder room.  The valence I had in there had been up for several years, in fact since the home was built.  So it was time for a fresher look. Guess what I used for the valence.  A round white battenburg table topper.   It looks so fresh and clean.  It's just draped over a small tension rod.


I just think this looks so good.  It was something I already had, and it gives a fresh look to my powder room to which I have been adding more white.

Here is another little white spot in the living room.

This tray was moved to the coffee table, and I added the white pitcher, the little cupids, and a candle.  The pink on the tray is simply a sheet of scrap book paper.

Why do we thrive on moving things around?   

I'll be linking up to Faded Charm for White Wednesday, 
Twice Owned Party at House of Grace,
Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage

Flaunt it Friday at Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Home Sweet Home Friday at The Charm of Home 
Saturday Night Special at Funky Junk Interiors

  Thank you ladies, for hosting!

Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...

Labels