Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring at Lake Seminole

As you know, we live in the North GA mountains, but also have a home (double wide) in Seminole County GA on Lake Seminole.  This is the most southwestern county in the state, and borders both Florida and Alabama.  Things are laid back there.  You see no one in a rush!  A great place to go to relax.  But do we relax???? Well, a little.  :) 

Hubby went down almost two weeks ago, to get a handle on the yards and do some pressure washing, etc.  I am now a retiree (as of 3/30), so I drove down on Thursday.  We will go back to Shadymont during this week, because there's lots to do there as well. 

I haven't done a whole lot since I got here, except for re-arranging the furniture, switching out the comforters and dust ruffles, making some drop cloth curtains and a few other things.

We originally purchased this home for my mother in law, and had it on the property in North Georgia.  She only lived in it a year or so before she passed away.  She had previously lived on this property in Seminole County.  After she passed away, we decided to move the home here, so we would have a nice place for vacations, living in the colder months, or whatever we decided to do.  We brought men from North Georgia down to lay the brick and build the porches.  We now have a wonderful place to come and relax.


3 bedrooms, 2 full baths


 Front of home.
March 2012
This light was actually installed by my husband's father many years ago. 




This is the living room.  View from kitchen.
I learned a valuable lesson on drop cloths.  Take them out of the bag before you buy them and don't buy those that have been pieced together.  You can see where these were pieced, but I was able to make the seams somewhat even.  I plan to get a better one and re-do the curtains then use these to make runners, etc.  
 I brought my cut flower arrangements with me.  I couldn't leave them in North Georgia to wilt while I was gone. 
How do you like my $1.00 paper tablecloth?  The other items in the vignette were bought at a thrift store here.

 I don't know why my photos are showing darker streaks across the bottom.  Anyway my daughter gave the wing back chair to my husband.  It was a thift buy for her that she was getting rid of.  :)  Oh... and please ignore the tv stand.  I'm on the look out for a table to sit it on.  (Hubby is one of those who hasn't bought a flat screen yet, even though I bug him about it all the time). 
Hope you enjoyed visiting our place at Lake Seminole!

I'll be joining the parties at 
I'll be linking to the following parties: 
Saturday Night Special at Funky Junky Interiors,
Tuesday at Cozy Home Scenes,
Table Top Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life

Please drop in at these wonderful parties!
Thanks so much for hosting ladies!