Spring Mantel Update

My daughter gave me a Kirkland's gift certificate for Christmas, and I had only used part of it, so Saturday I decided I would go to see if I could find something new that I liked.  And I did!!  This green lantern!  Isn't it beautiful?

 I decided it would look good on the mantel so I removed everything else except the birds and hydrangeas, then I added the tall green vases I painted last year, and I absolutely love the simplicity!!! 


On the way to Kirkland's, I stopped at a couple of yard sales, and also went into an antiques/consignment shop that I really like called The Hen's Nest!  They have so much, and their prices are incredible!  I got two awesome items at one of the yard sales for fifty cents each, which I will share later.  But I want to share something I bought at the antique shop with you now.

 I bought this little wooden crate.  It's about 12" square, and has the name of a shoe company on it's side.  I gave around $10.00 for it.

 At first, I sat it on top of another wood crate in the sun room.

 I liked it there, but I wanted it to be in the family room since I'm in there more, so I moved it to the bookcase that holds the t.v.
 I placed some blue canning jars inside, and added a hand made doily to the top (doily was also bought on this trip, I'll show all later).



I have now developed an addiction to wooden objects in addition to all my other loves!  

I had a wonderful day thrift shopping yesterday, and have lots more to show you in the next few posts. Be sure you check out the following parties:

Met Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Show Off Your Cottage Monday at The House in the Roses
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
Table Top Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life 
Cozy Home Party at Cozy Home Scenes
A Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life

Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...