Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Treasure Hunt - Tres Chic

On Saturday, I went to a couple of yard sales and to a favorite antique/consignment shop.  

Look what I bought for fifty cents each.  The tower corner shelf of course was a varnished dark pecan color.  I used my last smidgen of ASCP to give it a white coat, then sanded it in spots.  I left the blackboard as it was.  $1.00 bought me both these items, neither of which I needed.  (lol)  The shelves are heart shaped, so it will come in handy for valentine's decor.


The shelf unit can be used on its side as well.

 I actually like it better on its side.  I placed it on the back of the toilet in the master, and it makes a cute holder for extra tissue rolls.  It could also be used to hold books.  It's a versatile piece that I will use a lot.

The Tres Chic sign was found at the antique shop.  I gave $3.99 for it.

 Isn't it just the cutest? 
 I also bought a four-piece set of hand made doilies for $5.00.
 I just love the design.  Only the scarf had a stain, and it was fairly easy to remove.  I'm enjoying using these.  You can see below where I have a couple of them.
This is where the Tres Chic sign is being used.

Next I found the little box I showed you a couple of posts back.  It was $10.00, and it has found a place on my bookcase holding blue "Ball" jars.


 I also found this table cloth with a vintage look.  I'm not sure how old it is.  The tag shows that it's an Avon product, so it may not be that old, but it reminds me of the vintage fabrics with its lattice and rose design.  I really splurged on this, giving $12.99.  That's usually more than I would pay, but it just spoke to me.  It said, "Kathy, you need to take me home with you", and who am I to argue?


 I had a great day shopping and didn't spend too much. Oh and don't forget the beautiful lantern I bought with the Kirkland's gift certificate from my daughter.

 A new favorite.  It will probably be on the mantel throughout the summer.  (it spoke to me too!!!)

Have you found any new treasures recently?

I am linking to the following parties:

Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Twice Owned Party at House of Grace
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Home Sweet Home Friday at The Charm of Home
Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home


Be sure to stop by for a ton of inspiration!!!
Thank you ladies for hosting!

Adsense Ad