Decorating ~ Garden Style

Hey y'all,

Hope you're having a fabulous week.  

After I gathered these photos together for a blog post, I realized that they all depict nature in one way or another.  I guess you could say I have a recurrent garden theme going on in my home.  Not by intent, just things I've used throughout my home.  Do you ever feel drawn to items for no particular reason, at least no conscious reason?  

 The little nest above was attached to the back of a wreath I had on the front door.  I switched the wreath for another one, only to discover much later that the one I removed had this little nest and eggs attached to the back.  I tried putting it back on the door to see if the Mama bird would return, but she didn't. 

 The photo above shows part of a hydrangea. 
 What says garden more than a wire cloche with a bird and flower inside?
 The red "fence" above this cabinet at the lake home is actually a side board to an old Radio Flyer wagon.  One that was owned by my husband's uncle.  One side and one end of the side boards were tucked away in the car port rafters.  I noticed it the other day at the lake, and asked my hubby to bring it in for me. Isn't it neat?
 This is a little spot outside my front door at our home in the mountains.  Love my little concrete garden bench.  This is my only hosta since our dog loves to lie on them.  :(
 My current door wreath.  I just love hydrangeas!
 This is a corner in our master bedroom.  I love the look of the metal pot, fern and blue bird.
 This is my old garden tool in the box I painted and distressed.
 This lovely pottery urn was a gift from my daughter.  Love it too!


 This little corner in the sun room definitely has a garden theme.
 Here some of my little garden fairies are enjoying the roses.  This is on a wall near my master.
 This is a picture I printed off the computer, and the geranium was a good will find.
 This little garden fairy stands in my china cabinet among the roses.  Isn't she a beauty?

 This urn shows up in many different places in my home.  It's from Kirkland's several years ago, but I love it's texture.

If you save your photos, try going through them with no particular theme in mind, and see which ones you gather.  See if you subconsciously decorate in a certain way.  

I will join in the following parties: 

 Hooking up with House of Hepworths
  Katherines Corner for Favorite Things 
  The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
   French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
These parties are terrific and the hostesses are amazing!  Please come visit!

Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...