Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Plants for the Front Porch

I finally bought some plants for the front porch.  We have a set of steps on the porch that are seldom used.  They are in front of the french doors that open into my office area.  However, I recently placed a loveseat in front of those doors, so now we won't use them until I re-arrange the area again (which could honestly happen at any moment).  Anyway, I decided to create a little 'garden' area on the steps.

I went to Lowe's last Friday and purchased Verbena, Vinca, and Caladium.  I already had pots, so I gathered everything together in the "mule", and set about making my little garden area.


I  found the little iron fence piece in the fencing section.  I wish I had bought more of it.

 My garden fairies were purchased several years ago at Kirkland's.


 I am so pleased with how it looks.  The plants have already grown quite a bit.  I also planted Vinca in a couple of other pots at the little garden bench near the front porch, and have another pot of Caladium beside the front door but failed to get  photos
 Plants just add so much beauty to the area, not to mention the pleasure of watching them grow.

Have you planted anything recently?

Please join me at Cozy Home Scenes for Cozy Home Party
 at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday,
at From My Front Porch to Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday ,
at A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday,
at The Charm of Home for the Home Sweet Home Party on Friday.

These ladies sure do know how to throw a party.  Thanks so much!!