Remembering My Mom

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. (Proverbs 31:10).  

My Mom was a virtuous woman.  She was a devout Christian and a woman of great faith.  She had seven children of whom I am the youngest and the only one born in a medical facility.  The facility was only a clinic, and she was taken there, I was delivered, and she came back home the same day.  The other six were born at home, wherever my parents lived at the time.  I was born when my Mother was 45, and on the day after my oldest brother was killed in Korea.  

Here is a photo of my Mom when she was a little girl (Right).


Here with her sister, Odessa.

  Look at the big bow in her hair.

Here she is in her early twenties.  


  I love her hair style and the two head bands.


 These photos are such treasures.  They are the originals and are in sepia tones.

 She was so beautiful. (Left)  My grandmother (Right)
with Mama's nephew

  My Mom passed away in 1973....I was 21....she was 66.     Her faith, children and grandchildren were her happiness, her pride and joy.

She made this little dress for me from a feed sack.


Happy Mother's Day Everyone!!

Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...