Fun For Free

Y'all know how I love to have fun without spending money.  I want to share a few things I've been busy with in the last few days.  


This is what I think is a plant stand.  It is wood, and very sturdy.  My husband had it when we married, and it has been stored in the basement for a few years.  Not very appealing to me, so I decided to give it a makeover.  You can see the water spots, and that it is two different colors of stain.  UGLY!!




I made some chalk paint from unsanded grout, water, and leftover Behr white ceiling paint, and got busy.  


I just wiped the piece off, and started applying the paint.


I tried to just dry brush it, but I put on two coats, a day apart.  I didn't take a lot of pains with it because I wanted it to look old.  Then I let it sit a couple of days, and started distressing it a bit.






Here it is all finished, and holding some faux plants.  I moved it around in several different places trying to decide where to place it, but I'm thinking I might take it to the lake house.


 In the hall near the guest room
 In a corner of the family room



In a corner of the dining room
I've had the blue hydrangea wreath on the front door.  Seeing everyone's sunflowers made me decide to make a wreath from some old faux sunflowers, an old wreath, and burlap garland.


After seeing it in the photos, I can see I need to tweak it a little, and I will, but I wanted you to see the free wreath.  I already had everything.




I didn't use hot glue, wire, or anything to hold the items on the wreath.  I simply wrapped the greenery around the decorations.  It will be easily changed when I get tired of this look.


I like the yellow against the blue door.




Here's another two minute project.


This container is an old desk organizer that I painted over with ASCP Olde White, and dark wax.  I merely stuck a bunch of pink roses in the sections.  I will put a hanger on the back, and hang two cherubs around it probably at the lake in the guest room for a shabby look.  I'll share with you when I do.






What have you been doing for fun, [and for free] lately?

I am joining in the fun at Table Top Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life,
Cozy Home Party at Cozy Home Scenes
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
White Wednesday at Faded Charm
 Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Transformation Thursday at the Shabby Creek Cottage
Thrifty Thursday at Thrifty Decorating
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Frugal Friday at the Shabby Nest


These hostesses would love it if you would stop in for a visit!
See you there!



Popular Posts