Monday, July 23, 2012

A Cloche for Every Season

As you know Marty at A Stroll thru Life is having a cloche party.  These are always so much fun.  Thanks Marty, for hosting!  I almost always have cloches integrated into my decor in one way or another.  Hope you enjoy looking at some of the ways I use them and how they can be decorated for any season of the year. 


IN THE SUN ROOM  (Summer)

I made this pedestal from an odd an octagon shaped plate and candlestick I found at Habitat.  The cloche came from there too, and covered a dried floral item that had seen better days.  This currently holds one faux hydrangea.






IN THE DINING ROOM  (Summer)
This cloche covers three of my small angels.




SUN ROOM (Spring/Summer)
The above cloche/dome is etched and so fragile.  I bought it, the Limoge plate on which it sits, and the two roses underneath the dome for less than $3.00 at a thrift shop.  It is one of my favorites!


KITCHEN  (Autumn)
In the above photo, I merely turned a hurricane vase upside down over a fabric pumpkin, tied orange raffia around it to complete the autumn vignette.


LIVING ROOM (Spring/Summer)
Here the wire cloche holds a little bird bought at Cracker Barrel.  It holds a sign "Joy".


LIVING ROOM (Spring)


LIVING ROOM
(Fall/Winter)


BREAKFAST NOOK (Spring)


(Christmas/Winter)
It is so much fun to use cloches in decor and change out the items displayed.