Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Thrifty Cupboard Top Decor



While visiting a nearby antique mall yesterday, I came upon this small picnic type basket, and at $6.00, it found its way home with me.  I knew when I saw it that it would be great in vignettes.


I love the closures and the handle.  The blue color will work for now as well.  I have filled the jelly cupboard with red/white/blue items, so this will go on the top.



What to use in the vignette?
I shopped the house, and came up with some items.


In keeping with the red/white/blue theme, I added items with those colors, then brought in a touch of yellow.  Of course a couple of my roosters had to be included.  They are a Target find.  The honeycomb yellow pitcher, and ice bucket were a consignment find.  I draped red and white kitchen towels into the basket to give it more punch.


The above photo shows how it coordinates with the items inside the cupboard.

I love the combination of colors, and the summer vibe it has.
I think this will stay here for a while.


Please visit these parties where inspiration awaits you!


Table Top Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Whatsit Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants
Transformation Thursday at Shabby Creek Cottage
Thrifty Thursday at Thrifty Decorating
Share your Creations at Kristen's Creations
Thrifty Things Friday at the Thrifty Groove  
Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest 
Feathered Nest Friday at the French Country Cottage

Adsense Ad