Friday, August 24, 2012

Door Backdrop & Cloche Centerpiece

When our home was built in 2000, there were two bi-fold type doors left in the basement.  They do not match.  I have always wanted to find a use for them, and thought about trying to find a third one and making a screen.  Recently I painted one of them with home made chalk paint (white).  I didn't do anything else to it.  I finally brought it upstairs and found a little nook for it. 


 I propped it behind a small table I had sitting in the corner of the dining room, added my recently made burlap wreath, and hung this tiny embroidered pillow on it.





I'm thinking I will distress it and use some ASCP dark wax on it. 



Another free project!  

I also changed the centerpiece on the dining room table.  I recently bought this runner in its soft pastels.  The cake plate is a purchase from several years ago.   It echoes the blue and pink of the runner.



I kept the white candlesticks which were originally hunter green.

I chose not to put anything under the cloche except the plate, and let the rose be the center of attention.


Have you created any free projects recently?

Please join me at these great parties:


Frugal Friday
Saturday Nite Special
Sunny Simple Sunday
Met Monday

Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...

Labels