Monday, September 17, 2012

A Little Autumn in the Breakfast Nook

Autumn has fallen in the breakfast nook!  Simple changes that will work until time for the Christmas decor.  I'll just add a couple of Thanksgiving items for that holiday, so that should be easy.

I reused the vinyl tablecloth I bought last year.  I think it is a BHG from Wal Mart.  


The tablecloth is practical because we can wipe it off after meals, and don't have to worry about staining good linens.  My centerpiece is the mitre box I bought for a dollar at a yard sale and painted with ASCP Olde White.  I simply laid three Dollar Tree ceramic pumpkins into the box.  Total cost for the centerpiece, $4.00, and already on hand.



There are more Dollar Tree pumpkins in the black tray, a wooden Autumn sign from DG, and the side table is done!  This arrangement is one of the first items I ever bought at Good Will.  The colors go well for Fall.



This photo shows the top of the pie safe.  
Breakfast room done!  Here there are greens, golds, and reds to carry out the warm colors.

Hope you enjoyed the breakfast nook.  Thanks for visiting.
Please join me here:
Table Top Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Tweak It Tuesday @ Cozy Little House