Autumn Mantel

I've changed the Fall decor on my mantel.  It was alright before, but I had an idea to decorate a piece I bought at Grand Harbor Imports probably ten years ago. It looks like a gate for a picket fence and is all white and chippy.  I have always had spring items on it and had never thought about changing it, until today.  So here is what I did!


This is how the mantel looked before:



Here it is now:

Now this speaks to me!  I'm thinking I might decorate the gate for Christmas.  We have a cathedral ceiling in the family room, and the shape of this piece plays off it.  



So much for keeping things plain and simple.  Just wasn't working for me!



What do you think?  Better?


What have you changed recently?

Please visit the following parties where I will link:

Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Share Your Cup at  Have a Daily Cup With Ms. O
Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage
Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Potpourri Friday at 2805
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Share It One More Time at One More Time
Ladies, thanks so much for hosting!!

Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...