Frugal Yard Sale Finds & a Quick Project

It goes without saying that I am frugal!  I visited a couple yard sales on Saturday, and came away with a few items, all for $2.50.

I found this like new shower curtain for $.50.  I plan to use it to cover the cushions in the rockers on the front porch or in the chairs on the screened porch.  






This Kirkland's picture frame still in the package was originally $12.99, then a red sticker showed $8.99.  I got it for $1.00.  Love the fall colors.




This flower pot, hand stamped and painted by the seller was $.50.  I can always find a use for it.  Of course it could hold a plant, pencils/pens, paint brushes, makeup brushes....all kinds of uses.



This small picnic basket was also hand painted by the seller.  It was $.50 as well.  I've already filled it with tiny faux pumpkins. This photo makes it look bigger than it is.  It's actually about 6" square, but so cute.




Pretty good haul I'd say!  All this for $2.50!  Whoo-hoo!!

Now for the quick project.  I've had this basket/tray for years, probably 20 or so. 

I've always liked it, but I decided it needed to be a darker/warmer color.  So I brought out some Minwax Dark Walnut Stain and warmed it up a bit.

Doesn't it look better with the stain?  

Joining Rhoda's Thrifty Treasures Party

Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...