Lamp Makeovers

I've had small lamps with burgundy shades on my family room bookcases for a long time, and they were just not doing it for me anymore.  I picked up new shades at WM for around ten dollars each, and I am so happy with the change.


Here is one of the lamps before:


After:

In addition to changing out the shade, I also used some Pewter Rub N Buff to tone down the brass colored lamp base. (pretend you don't see the cords).  


This lamp is a recent consignment find, and the shade would move around every time the lamp was touched, plus you could see part of the lamp harp underneath the shade.

I used pewter rub n buff on this lamp to cover up some gold that had been rubbed on in places.  The new shade fits the proportion of the lamp so much better.  I like the drum shape and the tone on tone design of this lampshade, and it covers the harp completely.

The "before" of the lamp below:
I know I purchased the above lamp at Kirkland's several years ago.  It was either  ten or fifteen dollars.

After:
It looks so much more expensive with this shade, and of course the french script just makes it!

They all look so much better.  I'm so glad to be rid of the red shades.


The makeover of all three lamps cost less than 30 dollars.  I'd say that's a pretty good deal!

Do you like to change out your lampshades?  This is a really inexpensive way to improve the look of a room with very little money.

I'm linking to the following parties:
Transformation Thursday at Shabby Creek Cottage
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Potpourri Friday at 2805
Flaunt It Friday at Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
The Party at One More Time Events

A Minimalist I Am Not

I really, really meant to  keep fall decorations low key this year, fewer, more neutral, yada, yada.  Did I?  No!  I keep bringin...