Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Great White Pumpkin

Ever since I saw the pumpkins made from clothes dryer venting hose, I have wanted to make one.  It just so happened that we had some leftover vent hose in the basement, and while I was down there yesterday, I cut off a piece, taped the ends together with masking tape, and spray painted it white.  I let it dry over night.  This morning I brought it up and finished it.  This project is another freebie, because I had everything needed to complete it.


I wrapped a piece of cardboard tube from wrapping paper with jute string for the stem.  Then all I had to do was stick the little sprig of orange and green in beside the stem, tie a piece of rust raffia on it, and it was done!



This is a simple project, and only takes a few minutes.
Once complete, I changed the coffee table vignette to include it. I placed everything in a consignment store tray I bought several years ago.  I was already using the acorns and flower arrangement on the coffee table.


I am so happy with the way it turned out!  


If you haven't tried to make a pumpkin like this, you should!  


Hope you enjoyed seeing this quick and easy project.  Give it a try!

I'm linking to these parties:

Adsense Ad