Happy Thanksgiving

We had initially planned to go out for dinner tomorrow for Thanksgiving, but this afternoon I decided I wanted to have dinner here instead.  Needless to say, this was kind of last minute, and I am not having the traditional turkey/stuffing, and I had to set the table rather quickly, so I'm sharing what I did, and my menu.

I grabbed the green plates, these fall colored napkins, and put them on the table and called it "done"!  



Very simple!


I already had the centerpiece on the table, and the napkins blend great with the turkeys.



I didn't even add the glasses because part of those are in the dishwasher.  I'll add them tomorrow.


Proof you don't have to have a lot of planing to get ready to serve a meal.

Menu:

Baked, spiral sliced ham
Potato Salad (done)
Deviled Eggs
Cole Slaw
Green Beans with Whole New Potatoes (granddaughter's favorite)
Turnip Greens (grandson's favorite)
Rolls ( heat before serving)
Sweet Potato Casserole (hubby's favorite)
Carrot Cake (done)
Sweet Potato Pie (done)
Iced Tea (done)

I have everything done, except the beans, cole slaw, greens, and baking the ham.  
It'll be easy to complete in the morning, and we'll stay home and enjoy it.
The more I thought about having dinner out, I didn't want to feel rushed to leave the restaurant.  I'd rather spend time together around our table!

Wishing all of you a Happy Thanksgiving filled with love!



Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...