Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thanksgiving Mantel

Are you kind of tired of the bold fall colors?  I am, so I changed the mantel to lighter colors.  I gathered some pretty paper from my sack-o-stuff, and used a leaf template to cut out a banner for the mantel.  

I free-handed the letters for "Give Thanks" on to the leaf shaped paper, and taped them to a piece of jute twine, and simply taped the banner to the mantel.  I tried taping it to the 'gate', but it didn't look like I wanted.  



Hubby has moved the "T" closer to the the "H" since the photo was taken. 



I changed the orange flowers to these white and burgundy hydrangeas, and inserted a single white rose.  

I like the more soothing colors.


Before:                                                     


After:



Linking to:

Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...

Labels