Vintage Goodness


I went to Queen of Hearts Antiques and Interiors in Buford GA today, and came home with a few things.  I've been wanting a sewing machine drawer for a long time, but those I've found are expensive.  Until today.... I found this simple vintage drawer for $12.00.



After cleaning it, I dry brushed it with white acrylic paint.  This let part of the dark color show through.  Once it dried, I sanded it in a few places.  I also added this applique.




This is what it looks like now.




Ah, much better!



I placed some tissue paper inside, and filled it with pumpkins.


I'm loving it!

I also bought some vintage clothespins.  They were 10 for $2.00.  I put them in a jar and placed them in the laundry room.



I broke one of my favorite cloches this morning.


Guess what I found at the Antique store?
A new cloche for $4.00.


This one is heavier and of thicker glass.  I like the swirl pattern.  


It sits on my dresser now, but will get moved I'm sure.  


For $18.00 I have a vintage sewing machine drawer, a cloche, and 10 clothespins! I think that's a great price.

One other little note....I started on my Christmas shopping today too.  So I had a really good day, right by myself.  

I'm linking to:

Popular Posts