Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas Children & Grandma's Heart

These sweet little angel children were all given to me for Christmas by two different friends, years apart.  All these items in these photos sit on a tall 'skinny' shelf unit in the dining room.



These two were from a dear friend who is no longer with us.  She gave me the little boy one year, and the little girl another year.  For years there were eight of us who had worked together at various times who would meet at her house for a Christmas breakfast.  She would have quiche or breakfast casserole, always fresh fruit and muffins, coffee and orange juice.  We all usually gave each other something we had made, or a Christmas ornament. It was such a fun time. Her home was always decorated so pretty, especially her tree where she lovingly displayed all the ornaments we had given to each other.

Years later, a different friend gave me another girl angel.



They keep watch on the Christmas tree from a shelf above.  Aren't they so sweet in their pj's?



My daughter gifted me with this silver bon bon dish.  I filled it with Christmas decor as well.  The framed saying is called Grandma's Heart, given to me by my grandson several years ago.


Grandma's Heart
is full of kindness.
Her arms give the world's best hugs.
She reads me Bible stories,
and even helps me catch my bugs.

Grandma laughs at all my jokes,
she takes the time to talk a while.
I love to hang around with her,
she always makes me smile.

c. 2001, Audrey Jeanne Roberts


~~
All treasures!

I hope you will join me at these great parties:
Creative Blog Hop
Table Top Tuesday

Adsense Ad