Christmas Swag & Natural Flora

Thursday I visited a favorite antique mall, and spent a couple of hours browsing all the booths.

I found this beautiful Christmas swag for only $18.00, so I quickly placed it in my shopping cart.  It had been marked down from $28.00.

It would look wonderful on the front door, but I decided to use it on top of the china cabinet in the dining room.  See how large it is?


Here it is in place on the china cabinet.


The berries add just another touch of red, and I really like how it looks with the two little urns.





This close up shows the huge pine cones and snow covered pine.



I will be on the look out for a couple of cardinals to add to this swag.  Hope I can find some that are kinda large.

I went to my daughter's home to let the dog out, and while waiting for her to "do her thing", I walked around the yard and gathered some Nandina berried, and fronds from Pampas grass.  When I returned home, I clipped some junniper and some red nandina leaves.  I brought them in and placed them in some water in this tall vase for a natural arrangement.


I think it looks nice, and the juniper has a nice scent.



You can see in the above photo that I caught the start of the "blue" hour.


Have you gathered items from your yard for an arrangement?  I think I'm going to see if I can find some pine to go in this as well.  


I'm showing you my Christmas table one more time too.  :)


I think everything blends together nicely.  What do you think?

Joining in the fun at:
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
Be Different Act Normal for Saturday Show and Tell

Updating Old Tables & Lamps

I've been busy for a couple of days making some changes to some of my small tables and lamps.  Both are easy DIY projects that don't...