Extra Storage, Christmas Decor, Vintage Dishes

The hubby went to help his son get ready to move, and came home with a few things no longer wanted. One item is this cabinet/island.  It would work for an island at the lake house, but hubby says it's not getting moved.  It is so 
H E A V Y!!  So...we will use it in the breakfast nook.  We did have a table in this spot.  Well of course you know the top had to be decorated.



Nice cabinet.  I plan to put a new coat of paint on it, and sand and poly the top.  For now though, cleaning it will have to do.  I'm using it to store disposable plates, napkins, and cups.  It has 3 shelves and 2 drawers on the inside.  





I like having the extra storage this cabinet provides.  
Since the pears had seen better days, I switched them for this little dish and added some Christmas.


 This dish above is a WWII USQMC-Shipmans Hand Warmer handleless coffee mug/cup (Navy).  It is dated April 25, 1941. (over 70 years old) The white dishes in the plate stand belonged to my mother and my MIL.  They have lots of lovely crazing.  I just love having these items.  The clear plate in front of the charger on the wall is depression glass with wheat design, and handles.

I love using vintage items in my decor.  

I'm linking to Knick of Time
Table Top Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Tweak It Tuesday
What's It Wednesday
Show and Share


Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...