Thursday, December 27, 2012

Sharing Shadymont: Best Projects 2012

Wow! I didn't realize how many projects I did in 2012.  Way too many to show them all, so I will just share the ones I like best!  

This olden plant stand was dark brown wood, full of scratches and water marks.  Here it is with a coat of home made chalk paint, and a little distressing.  Now it's in the guest bath holding the necessities.



I painted the bottom of my Mother's old Hoosier cabinet.  I don't have the top part of the cabinet, but I have really enjoyed using this!  It's in my mudroom.

I added a frenchy label to this old box I found at a consignment shop, and filled it with blue Ball jars and other goodies.

I painted the 8-track tape box below, and added mod podged frenchy labels to it.


I painted the larger stool white and added a fleur de lis stencil to it.

I created this no-sew burlap pillow and painted a stencil on it.

I gave this bi-fold door a  coat of paint & distressed it.

One of my most popular projects is this simple frame with the cream pitcher hanging inside it. 

I made this simple garland of snow flakes and burlap ribbon. 

I stenciled "FALL" on this burlap bag, and placed an arrangement inside.

I made the sign below from a piece of wood out of the gun cabinet.

Here this picture frame was painted, distressed, given a chicken wire back, and is great for hanging pix of the grandchildren!

I added cubbies to the left side of the gun cabinet to make it a more usable space.  The guns found a new home.  :)

This pumpkin is made from dryer vent hose.  I received lots of positive comments on this project.


Maybe my most favorite project:  Painting and adding an applique to this old sewing drawer from a consignment/antique shop.  LOVE IT!!

Please share your projects at the great party going on Thursday at Southern Hospitality.  
(Best Projects of 2012)
I'll be linking up!