Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Teeny Tiny Christmas Tree

Since it's just the two of us, we have used a table top tree for the past couple of years, and it is so much simpler and easier to take down.  I bought one a couple of years ago at Lowe's.  It is in a black urn, and is only two pieces that you snap together, fluff the branches, and you're ready.  It is also pre-lit.  So simple for us Seniors. It is quickly decorated.  This year I used red, white, silver and gold.



The tree is rather slender and easily sits on a table.  I have it sitting on top of a stool which works great for the small tree.  



It doesn't take very many ornaments to fill it.  Quite a few of these are from the Dollar Tree, while some are more expensive ornaments.  You can see a bit of the urn in this photo.  



We find that this small tree serves our needs just fine, and I don't "dread" taking it down after Christmas is over.



The topper this year is this reindeer from Dollar Tree at 2/$1.00.  I think he looks rather stately!

I came across this Christmas apron a friend gave me and tied/wrapped it around the stool the tree is sitting on.  It makes the perfect little tree skirt, especially with the stool.  :)






Please visit the parties being hosted at these wonderful blogs:

Linking to: