Frugal Decor at the Lake House

We came to the lake house yesterday, so I brought a few frugal items with me to decorate for Valentines.  Nothing elaborate at all.  I saw this idea at Cottage at the Crossroads. Jane had made some of the prettiest fabric hearts for her home.  She gave excellent instructions, so I decided to give it a try.  I already had all the fabric scraps, so by following Jane's directions, I came up with these for decorations at the lake.



These set atop the TV armoire.  I spent no money at all for this project.



I think they add just the right amount of color.  I brought some flowers from Dollar Tree with me from our other home, and added them to this old hobnail vase.  The picture here was around $6.00 some time ago at the Dollar General.  The scarf on the armoire is part of a pillow case left from the fabric heart project.  I just trimmed the edge with pinking shears to even it up.






Another spot where I added a little Valentine decor is in the bookcase.


I simply added pink foam hearts to the birdhouse. I already had these heart picks too.

 This little cutie on the pony is my husband.




I kept adding fabric hearts as I made them.  I really like these, and as Jane said, they are so easy to make.  Give it a try to add to your decor.


Come check out these linky parties:



A Simple Dollar Tree Christmas Craft

Here is a simple craft you can do for $4.00 by using items from the Dollar Tree. You will need: 2 Christmas gift bags of your choice, th...