Sunday, January 20, 2013

Valentine Decor in the Entry

One of my favorite areas to decorate at our home in the mountains,  is the wall in the entry.  Here is what I did for Valentines Day.



I simply moved a pot of roses, and two candlesticks to the table.  They blend with the lampshade.  A picture made on our wedding day sits on the shelf in a frame with a heart-shaped opening.  I found this at consignment.  Above the shelf and picture of the chapel is a large space.  What to put there????  While rummaging in the basement to get the other Valentine's decor, I grabbed these three bushes of geraniums.  They've been used for years now, mostly outside, but still look fairly good.  So I took one of them apart, and wired them all together with a pipecleaner, put a red bow on it, and a few wiry valentine garland sprigs, and viola!! A red swag for the wall vignette.






I think it turned out rather nice.  Cost.....nothing.  Everything was on hand!




P.S.  Since I first started this post, I ran across this subway art online, (sorry, I don't remember where), and decided to frame it.  




How the Bible describes Love. I Corinthians 13: 4-8

"The greatest of these is love".

Come with me to these linky parties:
Sunday Show Off LinkyParty
Sunny Simple Sunday 
Nifty Thrifty Sunday
Met Monday

Adsense Ad