Sunday, January 13, 2013

Valentine Decor in the Sun Room & Breakfast Nook


The sun room is really fun to decorate for every holiday.  I used these items last year, but much differently.  The majority of this came from Dollar Tree, the angel from Dollar General.  Hubby already had the beautiful red candy dish.



Look closely and you will see our sweet German Shepherd, King lying in the grass outside the window.  Hubby was working in the yard and King was on guard duty.  :) (Asleep, no doubt)!

On the jelly cupboard is a picture of Raphael, a sweet little angel/cupid!





 I just love this figurine.


This is another fun area to decorate.  The red hearts are cookie/candy tins with "Ms. Fields" across the front.  I just covered the ads with hearts, and was able to use them for decorating.



Another piece of silver, found at Good Will, cleaned up and filled with hearts and flowers, with a red candle in a crystal holder...just screams Valentine's!




Even the white roosters get in on the act, sitting in a red basket with heart shaped handles.  

I bought this pretty fabric at Wal Mart, and quickly sewed up a runner for the breakfast table, and pillow covers for the sun room.


I think this is the cutest fabric.  The little birds are so cute!



This is a very quick project.  I just measured how wide and long I needed it , cut it out, hemmed all the way around, added eyelet lace, and that's it!

Here I have used the same fabric to cover a pillow in the sunroom.  I wrapped a large piece around the pillow in the seat.

I added another runner I made recently to the table in the sunroom.




We're all red here at Shadymont!!

The fabric on this pillow is precut, found in the quilting fat stacks.  18x21 pieces 2 of them make a wonderful cushion cover, at $.97 each, it's a great way to change out pillow covers.

 I've had this plate rack for a couple of years, a thrifting find.  It works well for holding napkins, S/P, on the breakfast table.