Thursday, January 10, 2013

Valentine's Decor for the Dining Table

I decided to use silver in my Valentine's decor so I got my pieces together and cleaned it all.  I tried the "sink" method for cleaning the silver.  I placed aluminum foil in the sink, added very hot water, salt, and baking soda.  I then laid all the silver in the sink.  This method took away much of the tarnish, but I still had to use silver cleaner around the handles and in certain areas, but it did make it much easier.  Here is how I've used the silver in my decor.



I added the silver coffee pot, creamer, and sugar to a silver platter and sat them on a white pedestal in the center of the table.  I kept the mercury glass acorns on the tray for more bling.



You won't believe what the roses in the bon-bon dish are.....soap.  I found boxes of 12 at the Dollar Tree.  To use them you just peel off a petal at the time.  Aren't they neat?




The silver candleholders are from Good Will.  The bon-bon dish was a gift from my daughter.



The doilies also came from the Dollar Tree. I remember these paper doilies when I was a little girl.  They bring back memories.






I believe I found this dish at Good Will.


The valentine decor in the silver pot is from Dollar Tree.




I love some sparkle!!


I'm a little early, but I enjoyed getting my valentine table ready.  Hope you like!!

Joining:
Favorite Things Blog
Show and Tell Friday
Frugal Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Be Inspired Friday
Saturday Nite Special