Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Forever Spring

Everyone loves Spring and since today we are having Spring-like weather, I decided to show you my "little spot of Spring".  This is located in a tiny hallway between the kitchen/breakfast nook, and the master suite.  It contains the linen closet, but there is an expanse of wall that just calls out for a nice vignette.  I've had this metal shelf in this spot ever since we moved into the house.  It can be decorated in many different ways.  I've had a Spring vignette on it for several months, and have really enjoyed it.  It's a small reminder that Spring is around the corner.  See what you think.




The back of the shelf looks like lattice, and has 3 hooks on it.

The trio of pictures are about 7 inches square, and show some of the first Spring flowers, the tulip, jonquil, and iris.  I bought these at Kirkland's several years ago.




The texture of the frames mimic the lattice look of the shelf as does the basket embroideried on the doily. 

Of course Springtime calls for a bird, and birdhouse, and a little garden fairy. 


The tiny rose garland came from Grand Harbor, the bird from Michael's.

The garden fairy is from Kirkland's as is the flower she sits on.





I hope this Spring vignette has reminded you that it won't be long until the earth will renew itself, and everything will be coming up roses.  

I'm linking to:

I hope you can drop by these wonderful parties!

Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...

Labels