Hydrangeas on the Gate

Out with the red!  To change out the entry from Valentine's decor, I placed hydrangeas in the "gate" and hung it  above the entry table. I took a wreath apart to get the flowers. The "gate" is so versatile and such a fun piece to work with.


I  need to change out the lamp, or at least the shade.  So I will be on the lookout for that.  I might just shop the house, or make a shade cover.  


Yes, gotta change the look of the shade.

Love this gate!!

Later:  Okay, I looked through my stash of fabric, and made a cover for the lamp shade.  I took the shade off, and traced around one side of it.  Then I just cut out four pieces of fabric like the pattern, hemmed around the edges, then sewed the four pieces together, and here is the new look for the lamp.




I bought this fabric at a remnant sale several years ago. I changed out the flowers too, so I think this is looking better.  (for the time being).  

I think it turned out pretty good, considering my minimal sewing skills. It took about 30 minutes or so to make the cover.  If you have a shade that you want to update, it's really easy and you could actually put it together and hem it with fusible webbing or a glue gun for that matter.  


To the left is the guest room and bath, the office, and stairs to the basement.  To the right is the family room.
We'll see how long it remains like this.

Please join in the parties at:

Snippets of Christmas

I've been rather lazy when it comes to my blog recently.  But I found a new tree that I loved at Lowe's on sale, (I bought the last ...